Status of Women Committee
District 24 currently does not have an active Status of Women Committe. Are you interested in women's issues? We need you to assist us in providing a forum for the discussion of issues relevant to the professional careers of the women members of the District. If you are interested in making a difference with other women then consider putting your name forward to initiate a District 24 Status of Women Committee.
The role of a Status of Women Committee would be:
- to keep the membership informed concerning women’s issues both in and out of the District,
- to sponsor professional development programs for the District in consultation with the Educational Services Committee,
- to present reports and recommendations to the Bargaining Units and District Executive,
- to monitor the professional opportunities and professional development of women members of the District,
- to identify issues of professional concern to women members of the District,
- to develop strategies and programs that respond to identified needs of women members in the District,
- to liaison with ETFO-Waterloo and other organizations in the Region and Province that share similar concerns,
- to supply contract clauses that support women OSSTF members to the appropriate Bargaining Unit Collective Bargaining Committee.
If you would like more information, please contact Sherry Freund, District President.