Canadian Labour Congress Young Workers Committee
The Canadian Labour Congress represents millions of organized workers in Canada through hundreds of union locals and affliated labour bodies. OSSTF participates in most of the CLC committees by assigning staff or Provincial Executive members to those meetings. However, a request has been made by the Congress to assign an OSSTF member to their Young Workers Working Group. OSSTF is seeking a volunteer who would like to represent us on the working group.
- members must be under the age of 30 years
- goal will be to increase representation of youth in the Canadian labour movement
- strategies will be developed for better communication between younger workers and the Congress
Term of Appointment and Guidelines
- term of appointment will be three years
- member is required to submit a short annual report
- expected to contact maintain contact with assigned secretariat member regarding upcoming disscussions and or voting on controversial issues
- automatic OSSTF delegate to the next CLC convention
Interested members in District 24 should contact Vicki Buder, District President or your Bargaining Unit President for more information. The deadline to apply is November 29th, 2013.